Friday, July 29, 2011

Relay For Life

I have been putting off this post because I wanted more pictures to go with it- but procrastination gets us nowhere. Right?

So this year's theme for the Fred Meyer Team was "Kiss Cancer Goodbye." We had a theme of Princess and the Frog (which loosly translates to Mardi Gras!)



I didn't get to stay long because I worked early the next day, but some dressed up as princesses, some as frogs (and I let them use my collection of plush frogs as props). We had lots of beads to throw as we walked the team lap (things were a little unorganized so it didn't work out exactly how we wanted it to, but it was a fun idea) and for our fund raiser we sold cupcakes.

These cupcakes!


They were a group effort.  My sister made the King Cakes (they were white cupcakes with green and purple marbling- and a baby inside) and I made the gumpaste decorations on top. The frog prince crowns were painted with aztec gold luster dust and the masks were painted (painstakingly by Mom) with purple food coloring.  Then I had a stroke.... of GENIUS and decided that the masks needed a little bit more so I edged them in yellow sprinkles to give them a Mardi Gras feel (and by "I edged them" I mean "Mom edged them")

No comments:

Post a Comment