Saturday, August 13, 2011

Makeup Kit Cake

Sometimes when someone orders a cake and just says "You do what you want," that stresses me out more than if someone was too specific.  For this one- my co-worker's daughter is turning 8. She just said that she's a very girly girl. She's into makeup and shoes and all things girly.

I dare not attempt a shoe cake just yet- but after looking at some work that other people have come up with- I decided a little makeup cake would be cute.

It took longer than I thought it would, but I think it turned out pretty darn cute.



I'm rather in love with the lipstick. And I like the quilted look on the bag. Also, I don't think it really shows in the picture, but the bag is shiny like vinyl.  And I just noticed that from this picture you can't really tell that the pink thing is a comb... hmmm... I see room for improvement. Crap.

2 comments:

  1. It was awesome! The girls LOVED IT! I kinda feel good inside that there was jealousy in the air. But should I even admit that? The bag was soooo cute. What am I going to do for my December girls birthday?

    ReplyDelete