Sunday, April 10, 2011

How I Spent My Weekend

*Quick side note, I've decided to not necessarily post the cakes in the order that I made them- otherwise it will be a year before you see the cakes I'm making now. So just go with it.

Remember when you were in elementary school and every year on the first day you had a to write a report about how you spent your weekend? That's kinda how I feel about this particular post. If you go here, you'll see the list of things I had to do. It was a daunting list and I think most of it actually got done. But you're not here for that stuff. You wanna see cakes.

This first one is a cake order. A little girl's birthday (Mary, my dear friend's daughter). She is a princess in every sense of the word. This girl probably has pink blood. So for her birthday- this is what she's getting:


The light really washes it out, but the rounded corner parts of the castle are purple gum paste. The pink rooftops are ice cream cones covered in fondant shingles.  The ivy is hand piped. It's a four layer white cake with sprinkles. (ok.. ok... it's funfetti. I can't lie) with white buttercream.


This photo is to show the stone work detailing on the purple castle walls. I use what is available to me: toys. My nephew has a train track toy and one section of it has a cobblestone print. So I washed the heck out of the toy and then pressed the gum paste on it to make the stone design.

My Niece, Macy also had a birthday this weekend. (Today, in fact!) She is a giraffe lovin fool. She ordered her cake months ago when her sister got a zebra print cake.  The cake is red velvet with cream cheese frosting. The pink bow was for Macy, it is her favorite color- and she just got pink extensions in her hair. I'm not exactly fond of the pink with the giraffe print. I would have rather had a blue or something- but the kid likes pink- so the kid gets pink! Happy Birthday, Mouser!



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing as always - please do not look at the photos on my latest Station post....

    ReplyDelete